Friday, November 19, 2010

Patriotism

Patriotism is good to have, and honor. People in the military risk their lives to save our country. Patriotism is one of the most important things that one can have for their country.
Patriotism is one of the most important things because it’s showing that you love where you live and you also love your country. The military men and woman fight for our rights and fight for our freedom. Without people in the military or even in our community we probably wouldn’t be where we are now. That is why everyone should be thankful for all the people that made us where we are now.
I have a lot of patriotism toward my family because my grandpa was in a war. He wanted to make his country happy and he did very much so. Every time I see him I honor him for what he did. My grandpa now is retired from the military. I also have a family friend that is, like an uncle to me, who is in the war right now in Iraq. I am happy that he got to come home in September for his baby girl to be born. He was really excited for that. He said he loves to be in the war because it makes him happy to fight for his family and now his new baby girl.
The holidays that we celebrate patriotism are 4th of July, Memorial Day, Veterans Day, and a lot more. On the 4th of July many people have parties and set off fireworks. Memorial Day you honor the men and woman that fight for our freedom. Veterans Day you honor the men and woman that retired from the military. For all these holiday many people put out their flag to honor our country.
As you can see patriotism is really important because people want to fight for our rights and for us to live in the wonderful country as we do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment