Thursday, February 2, 2012

Another Cinderella Story

Once upon a time there was a young girl named Amanda that only wanted to play soccer. Her dad was her soccer coach until the day he had gotten into a car accident. He had died instantly; her step mom was the only one left with her evil step sister Victoria and Delany. Her step mom didn’t even treat her like she was family; it was more like a maid, and worst part of all she said that Amanda wasn’t allowed to play soccer any more. Amanda woke up to her calling on a Friday morning.

“Go make me and the girl’s breakfast” said Jenny her stepmother.
Amanda sighed and knew she had to get up or she would be punished some other way. After she was done making curella de vil's breakfast she headed to the soccer field. She took a few shots than went to the locker room to get freshened up. She met her best friend Jenna at their first class of the day and that would have been history. She got butterflies in her stomach as soon as Luke had walked in the door every day. He was the captain of the soccer team and she was just in love with him.
“There’s a boy vs. girl game tonight for fun, you should go you’re very good, and maybe you will have a chance at showing off for Luke.” Said Jenna

“Delany and Victoria will be there, they will snitch on me, I can’t risk that” Said Amanda.

“Of course you can I will distract them for you” said Jenna.

“Okay fine I will go and I hope Luke will notice me like you said” Amanda Said.

Amanda was on her way home from school excited because she maybe was going to get the guy of her dreams. She got home and she was changing into shorts and a tank top and she told Jenny that she was going for a run to Jenna’s house and she believed her. She really was heading to the soccer field so then she could put on her shin guards and cleats. She was heading onto the field to see who her teammates were. She noticed that she was the only one that really knew how to play so she would really get Luke’s attention. This could be the game of her life that she would remember forever. The guys arrived at the field and they started the game. Amanda dribbled around every single one of those guys doing her moves and they didn’t even have a chance against her. She took a shot on goal and the goalie dove the other way. She did this many times. Then she noticed her sister coming to the field and she remembered she had to be home before they were.
“Sorry I have to go” Amanda said.
“Wait, who are you?” Luke asked.
Amanda was taking her cleats and shin guards off so fast that she didn’t noticed she dropped one.
“I’m sorry, I really have to go” Amanda said.
“Wait you forgot your cleat” said Luke.

Amanda just kept running because she had to beat Delany and Victoria home because otherwise she was going to be in big trouble with Jenny and she never wants that to happen. She would be grounded for weeks and would have to do a ton of chores and that is the last thing she wanted. The next day at school she heard Luke on the announcements. She thought that was so weird.

“I met the girl of my dreams and I have her cleat from yesterday’s game. Please come find me in the soccer field so I can give you your cleat”

Knowing every girl in the school was going to want to be his mystery girl. The reason Luke had no clue who she was, was because she was new to the school this year they moved from California to Florida.

“Hey Mandy you should go and find Luke” said Jenna

“I can’t then Jenny’s minions will tell on me like they did sense they were two” said Amanda.

Luke had some of the guys from the soccer team stand on the field so they could see if it was really the girl who beat all those boys. Luke had been through sixty girls and none of them even knew how to dribble let alone score on all those boys.
“This is useless” he said to Kyle his best friend
“Come on man we will find her don’t worry” Kyle said
That day after school she had to get her mind off of all the things with Luke. She went to the soccer field and she started shooting on the goal. Then Luke came up behind her because he had the same idea to get his mind off his mystery girl.

“Wait a minute, you’re my girl” Luke said.
“No I’m not” Amanda said.
“I would remember those eyes’ anywhere” Luke said.
“Okay I am the girl of your dreams I give up” Amanda said.

Then Amanda noticed he was starring into her eyes’ and she was stuck inside his. This felt right she knew this was a good thing that she had found him. Before she knew it his lips touched hers. She was stuck in this moment forever. She could smell his cologne and she would forever. As soon as he pulled away he reached into his bag and said
“Here is your cleat, you’re only going to get it back if you come and show the guys on my team how to really play soccer.”
“I agree to this challenge” she said.
She just smiled and she knew they were right for each other. Luke had given her a ride home and as soon as she walked in her room she dialed Jenna’s number she told her everything.
“You’re going to play in that game I don’t care what Curella de vil says your going” Said Jenna
The next morning she got a text from Luke that said
“I am going to pick you up, be ready in five”
She typed in a reply that had said
“Okay see you out front.”

She ran up stairs got dressed and packed all her homework in her back pack and packed another bag with all of her things for the game right after school. She really didn’t think what her no good of a family thought she was doing what she wanted now she was a senior and this was her dream, soccer forever. She walked out front and saw Luke pulling into the drive way.

“Somebody looks nice today” he said.

“Thanks, ready for History this morning together?” asked Amanda
“Ready as I will ever be because I’m with you.”
When they walked into school they were holding hands. Everybody was starring at her and whispering. She wasn’t embarrassed anymore about what people thought because she was with the person that she thought she would spend the rest of her life with. Word got around the whole town about the game. After school was over, they met by Luke’s locker.

“I’m so nervous” said Amanda
“Why are you worrying you’re the best soccer player that I know”
She smiled
“Just don’t look at the crowd just pretend like the first time we played.
“Thanks” Amanda said
They were heading out to the field and everyone started to pile into their seats and she just thought of beating the boys in front of everyone. She had to show off who she was so people would know who the wonderful Amanda really was. She wouldn’t just be a nobody anymore. They started the game and she did her thing, she dribbled around all those boys again and scored. She did this many times. The girls won ten to four. Amanda had scored seven of those ten goals.
“Nice game again” said Luke
“I told you, you would find her” said Kyle
“Amanda Fields”
She turned around, “yes that’s me”.
“I am John from the Lacrosse College. We are wondering if you would like to come and play for our college next year. You have a full athletic scholarship.”
“How did you know to come here?” asked Amanda
“Your boyfriend Luke told us to come because he said that you were amazing”
“You did this all for me?” asked Amanda
“I’d do anything for you it just so happens I have been given a scholarship to that same college and now were both going there”.
“That’s great” she leaned in and gave him a kiss.
They both left and she went home and told Jenny that she would have to find a new maid to work for her.
Her reply to that was “where do you think you’re going brat”
“I got a scholarship for soccer and my boyfriend and I are going early.”
She called Jenna and told her everything and Jenna had come over and helped her pack before Luke came back to get her.
“I’m so proud of you” Jenna said
“This wouldn’t have happened without you” Amanda said
“Text me every day and tell me how it is going”.
“You will come and visit me okay?” Amanda said
“I will” Jenna said
Luke came back and they loaded all her things in the car and before they knew it she was off to live her fairytale life. They both lived happily ever after in their college dorms.

No comments:

Post a Comment